Sunday, June 01, 2008

Casual Projects!!!

A few weeks ago I was wandering through Martin Place at lunchtime.

I came across a "Canberra Tourism Fair". Now I found this to be a bit too scary considering I was still trying to escape the whole Canberran issues that I still had.

However, the brochures about the ski fields were a bit too much to pass up.....

And it was lucky that I wandered passed. Because I found myself standing in front of the stage where a increasingly famous Canberra 8-piece was playing!

The CASUAL PROJECTS!

This fantastic multi-instrumental group mixes a huge range of music to produce a very unique sound. Standing there listening to their music, I couldn't help but be drawn in by their catchy sounds and the energy they threw into the performance.

CHECK THEM OUT HERE!

Of course... my feelings about the band are probably ever so slightly influenced by the fact that I went to school with one of the MCs in the group, Patrick Lillicrap.... but hey, I still think they're good.

Vote for them if you get the chance on the Jack Daniel's Set as well!

No comments: