Monday, May 18, 2009

Trumper Park

I love aussie rules.

I really do. Great game to watch and a great game to play. It's the game of my childhood. I grew up with this game. Many of my childhood memories involve being taken to school on a wet weekend morning to play games or going to watch my team play at Waverly Park in Melbourne.

I finally decided to be less lazy this year and to start playing again. So, I found myself a nice club and joined up.
The home ground of the club turned out to be the amazingly picturesque Trumper Park in Paddington, Sydney.
It really isn't a bad place to run out for a game at all. In fact, I would say it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen to run out for a game of aussie rules.
The old pavillion looks out onto the nice picket fences and the hill. Off to the side the ground is surrounded by rows of the old terrace houses that this part of Sydney is famous for.

No comments: