Sunday, October 01, 2006

Up there Cazaly!

I love AFL! I have since I was young. Growing up in Melbourne, it was the one thing that everyone had in common. I still remember how shocked I was when I first moved to Canberra and was forced to realise that when people spoke of "football"... they were actually referring to Rugby.....

So, this weekend was the Grand Final weekend! Swans against the Eagles, always an exciting encounter. My team didn't even make the finals this year (... again), so I was a Swans supporter for the day. Watching the game with the Comyns boys, I don't think it would have been possible not to have been a Sydney supporter.

They had a nice BBQ spread set up and we went for a kick at half time. Unfortunately, the Swans went down by only ONE point.... poor Angus, Dave and Scotty.... they were shattered.













Before I left, I was able to grab one of the bottles of the amazing wine that Scotty had brought down from the winery for Sarah's birthday. The bottles are amazingly beautiful aren't they?

No comments: