Monday, December 25, 2006

My Thai

Well, after a walking around Ao Nang during the night, I have come to the conclusion that the vast majority of Europeans over the age of... oh let's just say 30 seem to balloon to walrus like proportions.... I don't think I've ever seen so many overweight, overtanned and overalcoholed Northern Europeans in one place at one time.... needless to say, it's not a pretty site.

The next day, we all headed off on some more tours of the local area.

First stop, the hot springs!!!!

My brother leads the way as always.

The water was nice! It was about 34 degrees celcius.
After soaking it up in the hotspring, we headed to the Crystal Pool.
Amazing, deep blue waters! You could see all the way to the bottom.
Tim and I decided that any trip to a pool required a friendly game of "Catch the boulder" using a rock the size of my head that I dredged up from the pool floor.
I then proceeded to soak myself on the stream feeding the pool.
The next day, Tim and I decided to tackle the 1237 steps required to climb to the top of the Monkey Temple...
The normal time required to reach the top is 45 minutes to one hour according to our guide.
So... we slammed down some M-150s to give us a bit of a kick before heading up.
Damn the stairs were steep.....
VERY steep.....
But what a view from the top!
We managed to reach the top in under 25 minutes! My legs were aching though.... what a workout...

No comments: