Friday, October 03, 2008

Course of Chinese

I've been taking Chinese in my spare time.

My Mandarin is awful so I decided a while back that it needed improving.

Slowly but surely I'm making progress. It isn't much progress.... but it's still something.

After an entire semester with the same class, our teacher was going home to Beijing.

She had been fantastic to all of us. She had put in lots of extra work and taken a genuine care in our development.

We needed to say goodbye to her properly.
A nice dinner was what was needed.

And since she was going back to China, we decided against more Chinese food.
Instead, we went with Spanish. We couldn't really think of anything less Chinese. It seemed fitting enough....

1 comment:

Alstrid said...

Is this the one along King/Kent St downtown Sydney?