Sunday, June 28, 2009

Down at the club

Playing Aussie Rules football again has definitely been one of the best ideas I've had for a while.

The combination of the fitness provided through training and the enjoyment I get from playing the games has been further enhanced by the social aspect provided by the club. I had made some great friends from all walks of life at this club and I enjoyed going to training even on the coldest of nights.

A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to even receive some recognition at the club, being awarded the "Selfless Act of the Week Award" for a shepherd I put on in the dying stages of a match. I was presented this shiny training top to wear during the week.
It's great being recognised for what you do, particularly when you take into account the pain that also resulted from the act!

No comments: