Thursday, September 29, 2011

It's the Late Show

Ever since uni days, I have loved the Late Show.

David Letterman's sense of humour is strangely appealing to me. His irreverence and sarcasm in particular have always been something I've found to match my own personality and tastes.

Many a night, I found myself slowly fading into my sleep in my university dorm whilst listening to Letterman's opening monologue and finally switching the television off once he had finished with the nightly top ten.

To find myself standing in line out front of the Ed Sullivan Theatre was something else.

Waiting to go in to see the Late Show LIVE sent shivers down my spine.

As I slowly went inside, I felt almost like a little kid again, waiting to open my Christmas presents.
The guests for the evening were Nathan Fillion and Larry Miller which was pretty great. The musical item at the end was played by the Jayhawks.

Just seeing Dave in person and his interactions had made the trip to New York completely worth it!

No comments: