Thursday, March 03, 2022

Living in the age of coronavirus and getting coronavirus

Well I have covid.

Over the last few years, I had managed to avoid getting covid, but I had succumbed this current wave in Hong Kong.  Veronica didn't have it at first, but she too soon caught it (I'm assuming from me).

Was it bad?

Not really.  A couple of days of headache, a bit of a fever and some coughing.

To be very honest, it was nothing compared to the respiratory infections I would normally get every couple of years.  No one wants to get sick, but compared to other illnesses I had previously experienced, this was certainly nothing serious at all.

With this new less deadly strain and everyone all vaccinated, the restrictions in place seemed ever more draconian and unnecessary now that I had the first hand experience.

No comments: