Monday, May 22, 2023

Life changing news

I didn't think it would be so soon.  Ron and I had only been married a few months when we got this very unexpected news.

My immediate thoughts were of shock and disbelief.  It wasn't bad and I certainly wasn't unhappy, far from it.  It was more that this was something which was so far from what I had anticipated.  If anything, I had been expecting the opposite.  I had been readying myself for a struggle and disappointment in future efforts to start a family.  I had sadly been seeing many others around me face the extreme difficulties of trying without success and had assumed that being older that this would be something we would need to deal with as well.  From that perspective, I started to also felt extremely thankful.  That would be a hurdle we would not need to jump and Ron wouldn't have to go through any of those struggles.

Our lives had already changed now that we were together.  Things  were about to change even more.


No comments: