Wednesday, July 04, 2007

On top of Australia

Skiing to the top of Australia!!!!

We wandered into the Eagles Nest for some brief shelter from the cold.

But then it was time to go back out! Visibility was VERY low and the winds were howling.

Didn't stop me though. I happily reached the highest ski lift in Australia.
Above the tree line, there wasn't anything to get in the way! Straight lining became far more fun.
The high winds produced some strange looking ice-crystals on all the rocks.
Isn't it perfect?
As the temperatures dropped again, Hugh and I retreated to the Kareela Hut for some warm drinks.Great views!
As we both skied down to the bottom again, Hugh decided to take a different run to me. We agreed that we'd meet at the base of the Gunbarrel chair lift.....

However, as I went down I stopped paying attention and flew right passed the turn I needed to make.... I ended up at a completely different location at the bottom. I didn't have Hugh's mobile number, so the minute I reached the bottom, I had kicked off my skis and ran to the shuttle bus. I got on that and travelled back to the lift I SHOULD have been at.... the look on Hugh's face as I appeared in the opposite direction of where I should have been coming from with skis on shoulder was priceless.....

1 comment:

Mc Alda said...

Hahahahaha............