Thursday, August 05, 2010

It's time to kick it up a notch!

Cooking as something enjoyable started for me during my university days.

Unable to afford food cooked in restaurants and sick of eating meals out of cans, I was forced to learn how to cater for myself (it also didn't help that I had accidentally signed up for a self-catered college instead of the fully catered college I originally wanted to go to).

As time progressed, cooking moved from being purely for the purposes of sustenance to being an enjoyable challenge.

And like any challenge, as I became better at it, the difficulty of the tasks I gave myself increased as well.

However, none of this changed the fact that I was still a poor student....

I could learn all manner of skills, but that wouldn't change the fact that I was still working with relatively basic tools and ingredients.

Things were now changing though. Full time jobs and the associated funds have that effect.

Josh was the one who fired the first shot in our escalation of seriousness towards cooking and food.

He bought a KitchenAid for the apartment!!!
It looks amazing doesn't it? And it's completely worth it. Tasks which used to take an age, now get finished in seconds. It reduces so many tasks that were previously time consuming to being mere formalities.

No comments: