Friday, September 24, 2010

Post Op

Was it that bad?

I don't think it was.

Or maybe it's just the painkillers that are coursing through my veins, making everything seem so much better than it is.

Either way, the last thing I remember is being hooked up to some needles and then the next thing I remember was waking up in the recovery ward.

The nurses were nice and gave me a drink and an ice block.

I couldn't feel anything in my leg. Nothing at all. The femoral block that had been administered to manage my pain had clearly done its job.

Laying in bed with the tubes sticking out of me and the slow whir of the CPM machine ensuring that my leg was moving and not stiffening, I was overwhelmed by a wave of fatigue.
The lack of sleep from the night before was clearly catching up with me.

I groped around to my side and found the painkillers button. I pressed it and allowed myself to float off to sleep.

No comments: