Monday, October 25, 2010

Escape attempt!

It was just a normal Saturday night.

I was being lame and studying in my room and my housemate Andy was half asleep on the couch watching a movie.

A pretty pointless and boring night for everyone involved.

.... nothing was happening. Sitting quietly in my room reading journal articles....

A concerned cry from Andy changed that.

"Ummmm, Paul.... we may have a serious problem...."

I rushed out of my room to see a noticeably agitated Andy rummaging through the enclosure of our pet snake Heidi.

It seemed as though Heidi had escaped.

A 3 metre long centralian carpet python had escaped and was loose in the apartment!!!!

Now, this isn't exactly the thing you want to hear when your evening is drawing to a close and you're thinking about going to sleep.

"What the f*** do you mean a serious problem!?!?" I politely enquired.

"I don't f***ing know where she is!!!!" Andy courteously responded.

"Check the f***ing enclosure!!!!" I ventured.

"I can't f***ing find her!!!!" was Andy's retort.

Heidi was not in her enclosure.

We started trying to think like a snake. Where would a snake go?

I ran into the kitchen and tried to search behind the fridge, thinking that she would be drawn to the heat. Sadly not.

Andy rushed into the living room and began lifting the couches. No dice.

I started wandering to the other side of the apartment. I turned the corner and opened the door to the bathroom.

Immediately before me was Heidi.
Two metres and she would have been out the window.

Thankfully, we had probably found her ten minutes before she made her way out of the window into the apartment of one of our neighbours.....

It's going to be a while before Heidi gets outside privileges again!

1 comment:

AnneC. said...

haha!! that happened to me once with my hamster, not quite the same effect as a snake you might say... ;)