Sunday, September 22, 2019

Sunshine and fresh air are the best cure

I feel awful.

My head hurts, I'm congested and I have no energy.  Getting sick is always annoying, but there's something about getting sick during good weather and the warmer months which seems extra off.

A group of my friends were heading to the beach at Chung Hom Kok.  I agreed to go even though I felt like death.  One of the great things about living in Hong Kong is that nothing is really ever that far.  I live in the middle of the city, and this trip to the beach was a 15 minute cab ride. 
The moment I got to the beach, I laid out my towel and promptly fell asleep.  The sand was soft, the sun was warm and a fresh breeze blew in just often enough to keep me cool.
I woke up a bit later as it got warmer and moved my towel under the shade.  I looked out and saw that everyone had gone swimming.  I was happy enough to lay there and enjoy the outdoors.  I felt far better than I had earlier.
Rest, sunshine and fresh air.  It's amazing how restorative are combination they are.

No comments: