Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Betty's Birthday Bash

My friend Betty turned 21 a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately, we were all mired in exam prep, so I wasn't able to help her celebrate... I didn't even get her a present.....

I decided that I had to make it up to her, so I took her out to lunch.


And where else was I going to take her? Silo of course! If I'm paying... I want to be eating something good myself (I don't think that's selfish...) Betty ordered the pate plate (which was fantastic) and I ordered a garlic soup. My breath was lethal for the rest of the day.

After lunch, Betty let me drive around in her Rav 4 for a while, which is a definite step up from my Mitsubishi Mirage. We went to Lyneham where we wandered around in the second hand bookstore.

I took her to Tilly's after that for some birthday cake. Tasty, tasty cake.... that was actually a slice of pie. My intentions were good, so I think it counts.

No comments: