Thursday, November 23, 2006

Off to see the family

With school done it's time to see my family.

My little brother's went to Singapore earlier than me and he's already doing an internship at Allen & Gledhill. But by yesterday, I had put it off for long enough. It was time to go and see the parents.

Not that Singapore is bad... I quite enjoy visiting Singapore actually. I have alot of fun there and additionally it's also going to be my final holiday there as my parents are moving to Newcastle, where my father is taking up the position as the head of Pharmacology at the University of Newcastle (go dad!)

The flight up was actually not too bad either. I was lucky enough to be able to get a seat next to Prabs! She's finished with her vet studies as the University of Sydney for the year so we managed to wrangle it so that we went back on the same flight together. I was even nice enough to give her MY aisle seat.... the things I do for people...













At the other end, I said goodbye to Prabs as her parents came to pick her up and I headed STRAIGHT upstairs in the terminal. Waiting for me was fried chicken and biscuits! I've been waiting for fried chicken all year. I haven't touched a piece all year, so I wasn't holding out any longer. Changi Airport is the only place in Singapore that has POPEYE'S FRIED CHICKEN AND BISCUITS, so I got me some!













Is there any combination better than fried chicken with maple syrup slathered all over the top it!?!? I'm yet to see one! Those Americans really do have the right idea.


When I arrived home, I walked into the apartment to find it completely messed up. My brother had done his best to turn it upside down in the week and a half he had been there... and for a moment I forgot then quickly remembered that my parents were actually in Japan for a bit. I woke up this morning feeling groggy and tired.... but also extremely happy because I realised that whilst my younger brother had neglected to buy anything we needed during his week alone such as bread, milk or general necessities he had remembered to buy a few boxes of poptarts.... I love poptarts.

No comments: