Friday, October 19, 2007

Death of a bull

I went to my first bullfight!

Selma and I were walking by the bullfighting arena when we noticed that a fight was about to begin.

We couldn't not go!

Inside, we were immediately treated to the pomp and ceremony of the event.

The band played and the matadors and their followers marched in.

After the bull had been softened up, the star matador took centre stage.

It was like a slow but precise dance.
As the climax approached, the band began to play again ... building the drama and the suspense.
But eventually, the it was time for the bull to die.The bullfight was definitely one of the most amazing things I have ever seen in my life.

The grace and poise of the matador, the thrill of the event and the death of the bull...

Was it a barbaric thing? Possibly...

But it was also a beautiful thing to watch.

No comments: