Friday, October 05, 2007

Novocastrian

Canberra is done with... it's a strange feeling. Having spent so much of my life there I am now almost completely free of the place.

It leaves me in the position of not really having a home..... again......

So, before I head overseas I thought it would be appropriate to visit my parents.

They happen to be in Newcastle.

Having never been there, I was a bit worried about what I would be faced with.

There wasn't too much to worry about.

The people seem friendly enough and my parents have bought a nice house on the top of the suburb "New Lambton Heights". Apparently the area is quite sought after.

Looking at the views of the surroundings, I can understand why it is so sought after.
Off in the distance is Sugarloaf Mountain.
Novocastrian....

I don't know why, but that adjective just doesn't seem to fit....

No comments: