Thursday, October 25, 2007

Well that was a mistake...

Being in Dublin, I HAD to go to the Guinness storehouse.

I mean how could I not go?
So I arrived bright and early, excited to run inside for fun and interest! As I moved further into the storehouse, I began getting closer to the tasting.
Until I finally reached the Gravity Bar at the very top.

Waiting for me there was a freshly poured Guinness, the froth still settling.

And the views were amazing. A 360 degree view of Dublin.

After a few pints at the Guinness Storehouse, I decided it was time to move on...

Unfortunately, I decided that the place to move onto was the Jameson's Whiskey Distillery....
The day was getting a bit interesting.
Inside the distillery, I took the full tour. The tour guide was keen to note that Jameson's distill their whisky three times, unlike other makers who only distill their whiskey's once or twice.
Isn't it just beautiful?
The big problem came at the very end....
During the tour, I volunteered to take part in the whiskey tasting at the end of the tour.

Many, many drinks later... I was a fully certified "Irish Whiskey Taster"!
They even gave me a certificate!!!!
After the distillery, I stumbled off towards Oliee and Fliss for dinner and.... ummmm.... more drinks....

No comments: