Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lawrence and Peter O'Toole

My favourite movie of all time is Lawrence of Arabia.

It's been one of the inspirations of this blog.

So it was particularly amazing for me to be standing in the crypt at St Paul's Cathederal, starring directly at the bust of TE Lawrence.

Standing before the great man's bust was a sobering experience.
Later in the day, I went to the Imperial War Museum. There I saw TE Lawrence's head piece.
And the motorcycle that he was killed on.
A few days later, I found myself in Dublin.

And more importantly, I found myself drinking in a pub that was frequented by Peter O'Toole.

Oliee encouraged me to stand out in front of the pub and to imitate Peter O'Toole's famous stance....

With more than a few Guinness' inside of me.... I was more than happy to do it!

No comments: