Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mega tourist

My inner tourist is slowly forcing its way through.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to convince myself, let alone others, that I'm not into the touristy stuff when I travel.

.... I really am.

I enjoy travel for all it's perks, and one of those perks is being able to be embarrassingly lame!

So in London, how do you do that?

By visiting the Tower of London!
Navigating my way through the throng of tourists was an experience in itself. I'm used to hanging around a different style of traveler. I wasn't used to the tour groups or the older crowd of couples and families.
Was it worth it?

It probably was! It was horrifyingly manufactured, but it was still something that you have to do. It's something that has been instilled in my mind since childhood through a combination of stories and nursery rhymes.
I even got to see one of the ravens!

No comments: