Tuesday, November 01, 2011

New York, I love you

I have never been in a city that has had such a positive impact on me.

New York is truly an amazing place.
It's a place that barely lets you rest. There is just so much to do there. Anytime you stop doing things to rest or relax, you get the uneasy feeling that you're missing out on something. It's as though the opportunity cost for rest is almost always something amazing.
This feeling definitely has an impact on you.
I was loving my holiday, but relaxation was not something I was experiencing. In fact, I was feeling more exhausted. I couldn't sit still. I had to move. I had to be outside. I had to be running from one place to another, trying to soak in as much as humanly possible in as little time as possible.
Eventually, it had to come to an end though.

Sitting on the plane as I left JFK, I couldn't stop looking out the window and feeling sad. I wanted to stay. I didn't want to go.

This was another first for me. An overwhelming feeling of despair that I was leaving a place!

No comments: