Sunday, January 04, 2009

Crazy times in Chennai

"And you guys are all invited to my wedding...."
This was the statement that Sunny had made to us months back. It could be rephrased as "Come to India".
India.... I really hadn't been planning on travelling again for a while. Particularly after my last large trip that saw me gallavanting across the Middle East.

But then again, how often does a person get to go to an Indian wedding that's actually in India?

The opportunity was too good to pass up.

And additionally, the trip would also allow me to see my friends Sudi, Manu, Prath and Lian, possibly for the last time in a long while.

So, I found myself in Chennai on the first leg of the trip. Sunny's wedding would come later.

Chennai.... what a crazy city. Intense, confusing and packed.

Staying with Manu's family was definitely a treat as was having him take us around his hometown. He acted as tour guide and showed us everything in Chennai from the famously long beach to his favourite biriyani restaurants (I love mutton.....)
But the hustle of the place definitely got to us all. For me, the pollution in the air was difficult to cope with and my lungs decided they were not a fan at all.
However, it was also something that I am very glad I experienced.

No comments: